Workshop 2 - Turning your Garden into a Farm
DUE TO COVID LOCKDOWN CONCERNS IN VICTORIA, BOOKINGS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED UNTIL WE HAVE AN UPDATE ABOUT THE SITUATION.
Workshop 2 – Small Scale Growing: Turning your Garden into a Farm (with Jordan & Emma from Huntly Organics).
includes a plant based morning tea and lunch, prepared from local produce.
Sun 26th June – 9.30am – 4.30pm
This workshop is really all about production. Using Workshop 1: Turning your Lawn into a Garden as our basis, this time around we are going to look at the systems and equipment behind a small intensive operation, how you can go about turning your garden into a production vegetable farm, how to sell your produce, and the steps you can take towards farming full time. This workshop could also be interesting to more established small growers, interested in others farms equipment and practices.
Ideal for anyone with access to a quarter acre of land or more.
In this workshop we will look at the following:
1. Land Access & transitioning to farming full or part time
2. Farm design – Planning out your plots and infrastructure
3. Equipment – how to get things done fast without killing your back
5. Scaling your operation sustainably
6. Selling your produce, or other profit models
7. Dealing with the paperwork – How to explain what you’re doing to the council and tax office
The class is run by market gardeners, Jordan & Emma from Huntly Organics.
Please bring a water bottle. Potable water is available for refills.
A morning tea and lunch on the farm will be provided and gluten free are options available on request.
Out of stock